- Communicate across devices
- Connect with your team anywhere using our mobile apps across Windows, iOS and Android, or bring remote participants into meeting spaces of all sizes with Skype for Business Room Systems and Surface Hub.
- Meet on your terms
- Work like you are all in one room, even when you are not. From collaborative team sessions to live streaming a meeting or dialing into a conference using your phone, Skype for Business is designed for all your meeting needs.
- Modern phone systems
- Make, receive, and transfer business calls in the office, at home, or on the road using phone, PC, and mobile. Increase agility and consolidate management with voice services in Office 365.
- Security, Control and Compliance
- Get end-to-end security, control and compliance that span from the user to the enterprise. All powered by the on-demand scale and manageability of Office 365.
- Join meetings by phone
- Enjoy convenient dial-in access to online meetings, allowing participants to join scheduled meetings from any telephone.
- Rich calling features
- Meeting participants can join online meetings using local dial-in numbers from regions around the world, or have the service call them back on their landline or mobile phone.
- Office 365 management
- Conveniently manage your Audio Conferencing needs from within the Office 365 admin center. Audio Conferencing works seamlessly with Office 365 and provides you with a single point of administration.
|Skype for Business Audio Conferencing Features|
|Join the audio portion of a meeting from virtually anywhere by dialing a PSTN phone number and entering a conference passcode. Simplify your meetings by generating a general dial-in phone number for all attendees to use.|
|Dial out to other meeting attendees or transfer an in-progress meeting to another number from within the meeting. After joining a meeting, you can dial out to another PSTN endpoint or mobile phone. Dial-out calls can be domestic or international.|
Toll-free dial in
|Join a meeting by dialing a toll-free number and entering a PIN. Toll-free PSTN numbers can either be domestic or international.|
|Option to add Audio Conferencing to an Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 Enterprise E3 subscription and pay for toll dial-out, toll dial-in, and toll-free dial-in on a per minute basis.|
- Simplify your systems
- Calling Plan brings the benefits of the cloud to your phone system by shifting all of your phone infrastructure to Microsoft Office 365.
- Elevate your services
- Because Calling Plans are part of Microsoft Office 365, it enables services, security, and support that traditional phone lines can’t match.
- Connect your business
- With a Calling Plan, you can unify your users’ communications services in Office 365 and integrate calling with business processes for increased productivity.
|Skype for Business Call Plan Features|
|Get started fast with a cloud service that offers the features you expect from traditional phones, such as number porting, emergency calling, toll-free numbers, and flexible Calling Plans.|
Cloud Phone System
|Manage a phone system in Office 365 to support call-management features such as hold, forward, transfer, and voicemail.|
|Save the time and money you’d otherwise spend to install and maintain an on-premises telephony infrastructure.|
|Use the Office 365 admin portal to acquire numbers, assign numbers, and manage users.|
|Provision phone numbers for all your Office 365 users within minutes via the Office 365 admin portal.|
|Enable telephone calls from any device, including IP phones, Skype room systems, PCs, Mac, and mobile devices.|
Search and acquire
|Easily request and reserve new phone numbers in major cities where Calling Plans are available.|
|Protect your business with enhanced security features from encryption and security protocols to physical and operational security.|
|Office 365 guarantees 99.9% uptime for your phones lines with built-in redundancy and active load balancing.|
|Run usage reports to review active users, sessions, client device information, and types of activities.|
|Streamline identity management with phone numbers linked to Azure Active Directory identities.|
- Works seamlessly with Office 365
- Operate your business phone system in the cloud and eliminate the need for traditional PBX hardware and the associated maintenance costs. And because Phone System is built in Office 365, your system is always up to date with state-of-the art features.
- Works for all your conversations
- Easily transition from your old system Office 365 with business telephone features. Answer, transfer, hold, and resume calls with just a touch. And instantly transform basic calls into productive, collaborative sessions with text, video, and desktop sharing.
- Scales globally
- Connect your phone system to the Microsoft worldwide network—and get the power of the Microsoft cloud wherever your business goes. You can even use your own operator connectivity to call landlines and mobile phones using simple on-premises software.
|Skype for Business Phone System Features|
Call answer / initiate (by name or number)
|Answer inbound calls with just a touch. Easily place outbound calls by dialing the full phone number, or just click a contact’s name.|
Call hold / retrieve
|Have multiple calls occurring at the same time. Just answer the next inbound call or place an outbound call, and your current call goes on hold automatically.|
|Keep track of all your conversations in one place—from IMs and phone calls to impromptu and scheduled meetings. It’s all recorded in your call history and stored in Exchange.|
Call delegation and call on-behalf
|Make or answer calls on behalf of a manager you support. Notifications make it clear to all participants when calls are answered or made for someone else.|
Call transfer (blind, consult, and mobile)
|Easily transfer calls from your PC to your IP phone, mobile device, or tablet—and every combination in between.|
|Need to speak to someone when they’re not available? You can easily tag people and get notified when their presence changes and they’re ready to take phone calls.|
|Calls from inside your company display a detailed caller ID that pulls information from your corporate directory—so you see a picture and job title instead of just a phone number.|
|When a call comes in while you’re in a call or meeting, you get a quiet notification in addition to a regular notification, so you can accept the call or route it to voicemail.|
Call forwarding and simultaneous ring
|Never miss a call with call forwarding and simultaneous ringing. Set up forwarding rules so your calls can go with you anywhere. Even forward calls to colleagues or to voicemail.|
Clients for PC, Mac, and mobile devices
|Experience robust calling features on the devices you’re already using—from tablets and mobile phones to PCs and desktop IP phones.|
|Need to move a call from a headset to speakerphone quickly? You can easily play your call or meeting on another device with just a couple of clicks.|
|Play different ringtones for the different types of calls you get every day, so you quickly know who is calling you.|
Do-not-disturb routing and call blocking
|Working on something urgent? Control your inbound communications with presence. Easily block all incoming communication except from those you specifically indicate.|
Enterprise calendar call routing
|Use your Exchange calendar business hours to enable or disable call forwarding and simultaneous ringing in Skype for Business—so you keep control of your calls and your time.|
|Make outbound calls quickly by dial by name or by number anywhere in the search bar and in the dial-pad.|
Music on hold
|Music plays when you place a call on hold, so your callers will know you’re still there and the call hasn’t accidentally dropped.|
Qualified IP desk phones
|Choose from a variety of compatible desk phones. Get great audio quality and ease of use in addition to robust calling features.|
Skype and federated calling
|Search for anyone in the Skype directory. Then connect, communicate, and collaborate with everyone—consumers, businesses, and friends and family—all without sacrificing security.|
|Cover calls with your team easily without any extra work from IT. With team calling, your calls are sent to your team either immediately or after a set time period.|
Video call monitor
|Multi-task during meetings without missing what’s happening. See the speaker’s name and video stream in a small floating window, so you’re always ready to respond to any questions.|
|Get all your voice mail deposited in your Exchange mailbox and made available through Skype for Business on your PC, mobile device, and IP phone.|